- Thread seal tape (also known as PTFE tape or plumber’s tape) is a polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) film for use in sealing pipe threads.
- The tape is sold cut to specific widths and wound on a spool, making it easy to wind around pipe threads. It is also known by the genericised trade-name Teflon tape; while Teflon is in fact identical to PTFE, Chemours (the trade-mark holders) consider this usage incorrect, especially as they no longer manufacture Teflon in tape form.
- Thread seal tape lubricates allowing for a deeper seating of the threads, and it helps prevent the threads from seizing when being unscrewed. The tape also works as a deformable filler and thread lubricant, helping to seal the joint without hardening or making it more difficult to tighten, instead making it easier to tighten.
- Typically, the tape is wrapped around a pipe’s thread three times before it is screwed into place. It is commonly used commercially in applications including pressurized water systems, central heating systems, and air compression equipment.
Champion Teflon Tape
Availability: In stock
- Length: 12 mtr
- Good tensile strength
- Ultimate elongation
- Resistant to corrosion and chemicals
- Flexible in nature
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.